This is a multi-purpose complex designed by the architect Aurelio Gómez Millán in 1940, which has a wide range of uses (devotional, educational, funerary and recreational), originally conceived by Cardinal Pedro Segura Sáenz.
The monument in honour of the Our Lady of El Rocío, located at Paseo Juan de Dios Soto, was unveiled on 15 January 1978, with the blessing of the auxiliary bishop of Seville, Rafael Bellido Caro.
This tower, the only one in good condition in this municipality, dates to the times of the conquest of Seville by Saint Ferdinand. It is an eloquent testimony to the Christian settlers’ capacity to follow the organisational structure that existed in the recently annexed territory.
The Santísimo Cristo de la Expiración Bridge is an urban bridge in Seville that crosses the River Guadalquivir and is the natural exit from the town to the Aljarafe and the province of Huelva. It was built in 1991.
Built between the 15th and 16th centuries, the Palace of Las Dueñas is named after the disappeared monastery of Santa María de las Dueñas, located on the adjoining site and demolished in 1868. Its origin was the house-palace of the Pineda family, lords of Casa Bermeja, who were one of the lineages of the patricians of Seville.
Centrally located, next to the Altozano Square, this long plaza has a triangular shape. Several major streets –Fuente Vieja or Sevilla- converge on this square.