This church combines the Islamic building tradition with the Gothic art provided by the Christian conquerors who came from Castile. The main façade dates back to the second half of the 13th century, with an exceptional stone doorway made up of a pointed arch with archivolts and battens.
The Castle is a Muslim defensive construction located next to 7 km milestone on the SE-140 motorway from Peñaflor to La Puebla de los Infantes. However, chronologically speaking, it belongs to the 12th century Almohad period.
Santa María de la Oliva Church
On the site now occupied by the parish church, the former Muslim fortress of the Almohad period was built, the only remaining feature of which is a small piece of wall, located next to the sanctuary of the church, which has a pointed horseshoe arch framed by an alfiz.
Almohad watchtower integrated into Seville’s defences. It was built on the tell of the Iberian-Roman city of Orippo. Its foundations are made with ashlars taken from Roman ruins.
The bridge commonly known as “Dragon Bridge” was built as part of Alcalá de Guadaíra’s ring road,which links the A-92 motorway (Seville-Almería) with the A-392 Alcalá-Dos Hermanas road.
The Cathedral of Seville is the largest Gothic temple in the world and the third largest in Christendom after St. Peter's in the Vatican and St. Paul's in London. Building works began in 1403 on the former Great Mosque of Seville, an Almohad work of which the Patio de los Naranjos and the Giralda have been preserved.