Camona Vistas Parador

Seville enchants

The Franciscan monastery of Corpus Christi founded by Juan Téllez Girón was built in 1541 and is still largely preserved today.

It is located next to the remains of the walls of Seville and the gate of La Macarena, one of the gateways to it.

Its foundation dates from the second half of the 13th century, almost immediately after the town was reconquered by Ferdinand III the Saint, being one of the churches known as Alfonsinas, built during the reign of Alfonso X the Wise.

The Church of the Annunciation is one of the most interesting Renaissance buildings in Seville. It was the old church of the Professed House of the Society of Jesus, the foundation of which dates back to 1565. The expulsion of the Society of Jesus in 1767 entailed the abandonment of the convent, to which the University of Seville would move in 1771.

In Seville, a medieval church was built on top of a former caliphal mosque (formerly a Roman basilica), which today still has its courtyard with orange trees (Patio de los Naranjos).

It was founded more than three centuries ago by Canon Justin de Neve to shelter and care for elderly and handicapped clergymen.

In the heart of the San Julián district, the belfry of the Santa Paula monastery stands out. In 1473, Pope Sixtus IV granted the foundational papal bull of the monastery to Ana de Santillán y Guzmán, a woman who entered San Juan de la Palma after being widowed. At this retrea, she thought about the idea of creating a cloistered monument for the Hieronymite Order.

In the Triana neighbourhood, in Seville, the Virgen de la Estrella Chapel is the definitive seat of the Pontifical, Royal, Illustrious and Fervent Sacramental Brotherhood and Confraternity of Nazarenes of Nuestro Padre Jesús de las Penas, María Santísima de la Estrella, Triunfo del Santo Lignum Crucis, San Francisco de Paula and Santas Justa and Rufina, after going through up to four previous s