It dates from the 14th century and is made in Gothic-Mudejar style. It was built on top of an old mosque with three naves with an apse, two ogival stone portals from the early 15th century and an 18th century tower with a bell tower. It had to be rebuilt after the damage suffered by the Lisbon earthquake in 1755.
The St John Baptist Church must have been founded after the Christians conquered Marchena. It is likely linked to the presence of the Order of St John, first documented in the 13th century. Only the chapel under the tower remains from that original Church.
This is a Mudejar building with three naves with modern roofs and a main chapel with ribbed vaults. In the left nave there is a doorway built over a semicircular arch.
The Hospital del Pozo Santo is located in the square of the same name, in Seville. It was founded in 1667, on the initiative of the nuns Marta de Jesús Carrillo and Beatriz Jerónima de la Concepción, of the Franciscan Tertiary order, both of whom are buried on the right-hand side wall of the church.
It is known as St. John of God because it belongs to the hospital of this hospitable Order. The baroque façade of this 16th century church, right opposite the Divino Salvador College, with its two bell towers, which had to be renovated after the Lisbon earthquake by Matías de Figueroa, hides a delicious interior.
The Seville Town Hall, one of the best examples of Plateresque architecture, was a gift from King Charles V to the town in response to his desire to give Seville the status of a great city that it deserved.
This baroque-style church, built in the 18th century, has two entrances: the main one is opposite the high altar, next to the tower and the other one opens to the Epistle side. The Mudéjar-style, brick bell tower is attached to the façade. It is very similar to that of the church of the neighbouring town of Umbrete built by Diego Antonio Díaz.