The stained glass windows of the Cathedral of Seville constitute one of the most extensive, homogeneous and best preserved groups of Spanish cathedrals. The one hundred and thirty-eight stained glass windows preserved also represent a magnificent chapter in the history of this technique in the Iberian Peninsula, from the 15th to the 20th century.
This church combines the Islamic building tradition with the Gothic art provided by the Christian conquerors who came from Castile. The main façade dates back to the second half of the 13th century, with an exceptional stone doorway made up of a pointed arch with archivolts and battens.
The Monastery of San Isidoro del Campo was founded in the year 1301 by Alonso Pérez de Guzmán and María Alonso Coronel at a site near the ruins of Italica where, according to tradition, San Isidoro of Seville was buried, and since then it has been under the administration of successive religious orders, Cistercians, Hieronymite hermits and the Order of San Jerónimo, who have left their mark bot
The Nuestra Señora de las Nieves Parish Church is a noteworthy temple that began to be built in the early 14th century. A façade-tower and a magnificent Gothic main altarpiece from around 1500 was added in the third quarter of the 16th century.
The Tower of Silver, with an octagonal floor plan, was built in the 13th century by the Almohads and was part of the walls that surrounded the town. It was the end of the walled enclosure and was annexed by a wall to the Tower of Gold.
In the northern part of Seville's Historical Centre, between the river and the old La Feria lagoon, the former cloistered convent of the Poor Clares was located.
The Royal Pavilion is a building in the Plaza de América, south of the María Luisa Park in Seville. It was built in 1916 to be used as an exhibition centre for the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition.