On entering the district of Matarredonda we can see a beautiful typical Andalusian style church, which exudes all the spirituality of the old pilgrim churches.
The church belongs to the parish of Marinaleda and is dedicated to the Virgen de la Paz, a Virgin who is the object of great devotion in the province of Seville.
This late 18th-century church is dedicated to Our Lady of Immaculate Conception. It also ecclesiastically depends on the parish of Our Lady of Pure Conception. In 1887, it was also used as a water deposit. Until the Spanish Civil War, it was used as public baths. It then served as a water supply station for irrigation purposes.
Temple completed in the 18th century. Between the 17th and 19th centuries it was the church of the Convent of the Holy Spirit of the Clergy Minor. Today, its characteristic and slender belfry, two bodies high and located on the façade, is one of the most unique architectural elements of the church and the street where it is located.
The chapel was once known as San Ginés. It is located on the avenue of the same name, probably being a primitive Mudejar work, to which the external walls of the main chapel, which was totally renovated in the 18th century, would have belonged.
Built in the 16th century, the Madre de Dios convent is now home to the Hermanas de la Doctrina Cristiana. It has a beautiful cloister with Mudejar and Renaissance features. It is worth mentioning that it suffered a major fire in 1722 and was looted during the civil war, being restored during the 1990s.
This is a monument of great interest although unfortunately only the outer walls remain, including a doorway that, according to tradition, belonged to the now defunct monastery of San Francisco and which has a simple Renaissance design attributed to Hernán Ruiz II himself, who was involved in the design of the parish church tower.
This is an old baroque style church (18th century), of which the main doorway and the belfry crowning the building's façade have been preserved. The latter has two sections and was fully restored at the end of 2012.
The interior consists of a single large nave, roofed by a dome on pendentives in the chancel.