Toros vista pájaro

Seville, beautiful and diverse

Artistic

On 3 February 1945 (eight days before his death), Amalio himself set up the Foundation, registered under number A34-SE19, with its headquarters at number 7, Plaza de Doña Elvira in Seville, in the heart of the Santa Cruz district, which had been the painter's studio. 

The Valentín de Madariaga y Oya Foundation is a non-profit body set up in April 2003 with the intention of becoming the commitment of the MP Industrial Corporation to promote actions in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development. 

Casa Fabiola in Seville hosts the donation of Mariano Bellver Art The set of works that lead to the donation dates back to 1960, when Mr Mariano Bellver began to work as a collector.

The Andalusian Centre of Contemporary Art (C.A.A.C., as for its Spanish acronym) was created in February 1990 with the intention of providing the Autonomous Region with an appropriate institution for the research, preservation, promotion and dissemination of contemporary art.

Founded as a "Museum of Paintings" in 1835, it opened in 1841 with works from confiscated convents and monasteries, occupying the former Convent of La Merced Calzada, founded by San Pedro Nolasco after the conquest of Seville in 1248.

Between 1634 and 1637, Francisco de Zurbarán created nine religious paintings for the San Juan Bautista Church, which today have become notable examples of the artistic style of this universally recognised painter. 

The José María Galván Contemporary Art Museum is housed in an ancient 16th-century public granary, of which the original arcade is preserved.