Opened on 22 June 1905, it is one of the oldest bullrings in the province of Seville. It has a capacity for 2,380 people. Famous bullfighters have graced this arena, including Curro Romero, Paquirri, Pepe Luis Vázquez and the Peralta brothers.
The Saenz de Tejada Lopez family owned the bullring until 4 August 2002, when it was acquired by the Cantillana Town Council. The bullring is equipped with all the necessary elements to hold bullfights in compliance with European regulations.
The renovation carried in 2003 provided the infrastructure and urban facilities needed to bring it back to use after several years of neglect. Currently, in addition to bullfights, the venue is used for cultural events organised by local entities.
The people of Cantillana are bullfighting enthusiasts. Many bullfighters were born here, including Juan Solis Cantillana, Manolo Espinosa and Manuel Ruiz Manili. The latter was a famous bullfighter from Cantillana who had great success in the 1980s. Several times, he was carried out of the Las Ventas, Madrid’s bullring, in triumphant victory.
Although the town celebrates its festivals in August and September, the bullfighting festival in the century-old bullring takes place in February. The event consists of a bullfighting festival in which the proceeds are donated to various local Catholic charities to fund their social work.