On the site now occupied by the parish church, the former Muslim fortress of the Almohad period was built, the only remaining feature of which is a small piece of wall, located next to the sanctuary of the church, which has a pointed horseshoe arch framed by an alfiz.
It is a Gothic-Mudejar church, built with ashlars and bricks, with a rectangular floor plan and divided into three naves separated into four sections by means of cruciform columns, topped by very simple capitals in the form of cavities, on which pointed arches are supported. As the 16th century progressed, the sanctuary chapels of the side naves were built, in the 17th century the sacristy was built and in the 18th century the choir was built at the end of the church and the roofs of the naves were renovated. The current main altarpiece, built in 1955, houses a series of paintings by Rafael Blas Rodríguez. In the attic there is a 16th century sculpture of the Crucified Christ and two late 16th century panels representing Saint Peter and Saint Paul and the Last Supper. The altar front, made of Sevillian tiles and dating from around 1600, is of particular interest.