Santiponce Itálica

Heritage

An immense legacy waiting to be discovered

Corner of the former Palace of the Marqués del Oro

113
1

Recollections of a beautiful 18th century stately mansion. Only a section of the facade and the portal, with a graceful balcony-viewpoint embellished with an elegant wrought-iron railing, remains. The balcony sits at the confluence of two streets. 

The house appears to have belonged to a family of a Spaniard who struck it rich in America and was known as the “Marqueses del Oro”, although they never acquired a noble title. It was later owned by the Alvarez Sobrevilla family, who founded the Convent of the Sisters of the Cross in Estepa in 1926.

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.