The history of the Guardiola House dates back to the 19th century, at the height of Sevillian Romanticism, when Mr Andrés Parladé y Sánchez de Quirós, Count of Aguiar, Regional Delegate for Fine Arts and Delegate-Director of the Excavations of Italica, ordered it to be built.
According to A. Villar Movellán, in his book Arquitectura del Regionalismo en Sevilla, 1900-1935, "the Guardiola House is a model house in many aspects as, for instance, it is archetypical of the Seville style as Regionalism would be understood, thus anticipating in twenty years the establishment of this concept" and he continues, "this building would be for Regionalism, bridging the gap, what Victor Horta's Tassel house was for Art Noveau, or the Café-Restaurant of the 1888 exhibition in Barcelona for Catalan Modernism, that is, a primitive item".
It has all the characteristics of the stately homes of that time, with access through the courtyard to the horse yard on one side and to the house on the other, where the main courtyard, loggia, garden, lounges and other rooms are located.
The house was bought by the businessman, farmer and stockbreeder Mr Salvador Guardiola Fantoni, who moved in 1945 to live with his family, his heirs being the current owners.
The Guardiola House is located in the heart of Seville's historic centre, and is perfectly connected with taxi, metro and tram stops, and there are public parking spaces nearby.