Santiponce Itálica

Heritage

An immense legacy waiting to be discovered

Jardín del Valle (Garden of the Valley) 

121
0

Located between María Auxiliadora and Sol streets. The Garden of the Valley dates back to the beginning of the 15th century when the Convent of the Valley was founded on the site where it is today, a name derived from the place where it was located. This was the case until 1866 when it was acquired by the Marquise of Villanueva to establish the Religious School of the Sacred Heart. It is precisely the garden of this school that, once it has disappeared, continues to this day.

Two main garden areas can be found. On the one hand, there is a large area covered with vegetation and, on the other hand, there is a sunny square which can be accessed as soon as you enter. Between these two areas up to fifty different plant species can be found.

Labels

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.