This Renaissance church was built in the 18th century to accommodate the order of Benedictine monks. It was the monks themselves who brought the beautiful 16th century font to the church. At the top of the twenty-metre-high bell tower, there are four bells named San Antonio, Jesús, José and María, in homage to the Holy Family. The bell named San Antonio is a tribute to the main architect of the church, Diego Antonio Díaz, one of the great master architects of Seville. On the main altarpiece of the Purísima Concepción, of a golden colour, the images of Santa Ana and the Virgin Mary can be seen.
After the disentailment of Mendizabal, the parish church was supplied by the Basilian Monastery of San Antonio del Valle, from which it retains, in addition to several images, some epistolary and choral books dating from 1627 and 1769. This church suffered numerous damages during the Spanish civil war.