A single-nave building with three sections and a square apse recessed behind three semi-circular arches on marble columns from the late 15th century. It was renovated in the mid-18th century. The first two sections belong to the original temple. The first is covered by a half-barrel vault with lunettes and the second with a ribbed vault. It is likely that the first section originally also had a ribbed vault. A Sacristy was added in 1656, and the roof of the first section was changed. The main chapel, built in the second half of the 18th century, is covered by a half-dome on pendentives. The façade was also renovated at this time.
The main altarpiece dates from 1956. The central niche holds a group sculpture of the Pietà from the late first third of the 16th century, which was later restored by Castillo Lastrucci. The kneeling statues of Saint John and Mary Magdalene on both sides of the temple complete the ensemble. These sculptures are also from the same period.
The Shrine to Our Lady of Anguish is located 500 metres to the west of the town. Tradition holds that it was built in gratitude for the victory over the Moors in Matamoros Valley.