The Parish Church of Santiago el Mayor was built in the 17th century and underwent several renovations during the 18th century. The building has a Latin cross floor plan and is roofed by a barrel vault with ribs and lunettes, with a hemispherical dome on pendentives in the transept. The doorway is made of masonry, with a lintel between the pilasters and an attic at the top. In the 18th century, two alcoves with plasterwork decorations and a neoclassical tower in the gable were added.
The most outstanding interior features are its great dome and the 18th century Baroque altarpiece, where the image of the saint is venerated. The large main altarpiece consists of a bench, three panels separated by pilasters and an attic, belonging to the second third of the 18th century and brought from the now disappeared Convento de la Victoria in Estepa. It features the image of the patron saint, Santiago el Mayor, between San Antonio de Padua and San José, with a sculpture of San Miguel Arcángel occupying the attic, all of them from the same period as the altarpiece itself. In the left arm of the transept there is an image of Jesus the Nazarene, by the sculptor Castillo Lastrucci. In the nave there is an interesting Sevillian crucifix from around 1600. On the right side of the transept is the Virgen de los Dolores, an 18th century dressed image of the Granada school.