The current Town Hall was originally a Jesuit school, to which the El Salvador Church also belonged. The convent was completed in 1621.
During the reign of Carlos III, the Jesuits were dispossessed of their property in this city and the building became a lodge.
It was restored as a Town Hall in 1842. The most recent renovations took place in 1980 and 1992. The building consists of two floors, constructed around a central courtyard, and a basement.
The premises of the Town Hall are distributed around the cloister of the former convent. The central courtyard has a 2nd-century mosaic known as “The Four Seasons”. There is a 1st-century memorial stone to Tulio Amelio and fragments of the Bruma mosaic in the plenary room.
Asset of Cultural Interest since 1983