The building dates back to the mid-sixteenth century and has been occupied by different religious orders. The community of the Minim Friars of St Francis of Paola ran it from 1726 to 1855, when it was handed over to the Congregation of Most Holy Lady of Sorrows and St Philip Neri.
The Church has a single nave separated from the presbytery by a triumphal arch and steps. The high and low choir, richly decorated with plasterwork, are located at the end of the nave. The nave and the presbytery are covered with a wood wainscot ceiling decorated with strapwork from the last quarter of the 16th century. The rest of the temple is from the 18th century.
Various altarpieces are distributed throughout the temple, most of them baroque. The main altarpiece is neoclassical. Highlights include the bas-relief on the upper part of the Visitation, probably an artist from the studio of Pedro Roldán, author of a former altarpiece, which no longer exists.
The choir is at the back of the temple separated by a railing. The choir is decorated with plasterwork and Delft-like tiles, with small rococo-style altarpieces on the walls.
The convent consists of several extensively renovated courtyards. The 18th-century main cloister has a quadrangular plan with two levels. The lower arches are trilobulated. The upper basket arches are supported by Tuscan columns, and the keystones are decorated with pendants. All elements are centred over an octagonal fountain, with a marble balustrade and basin.
Finally, worthy of note is the beautiful, curved entrance with cut squares made between 1774 and 1775. The tower, from the same period, is in the typical, triangular Ecijan style.