Osuna Colegiata

Seville, beautiful and diverse

The chapel of San Miguel is located on the outskirts of the town, today surrounded by recent developments, although there is evidence that when it was built it was outside the town walls.

The Hacienda de Torrijos was not originally intended to be a religious building. Its past as an ancient Moorish military fortress is evidenced by the presence of walls and towers. The hacienda is considered a cultural asset. 

The church of Nuestra Señora de Consolación, patron saint of Umbrete, is one of the best examples of the Sevillian architecture known as "popular baroque", as opposed to the "cultured baroque" style used by the main Andalusian architects during the 17th century.

This church combines the Islamic building tradition with the Gothic art provided by the Christian conquerors who came from Castile. The main façade dates back to the second half of the 13th century, with an exceptional stone doorway made up of a pointed arch with archivolts and battens.

This is one of the many Gothic-Mudejar churches that were built within the town walls during the 14th century, although this is one of the churches that was most reformed and extended in the following centuries, especially between the 16th and 19th centuries.

The Church of San Pedro is a Gothic-Mudejar temple built in the 14th century and renovated in the 16th and 18th centuries. It consists of three naves separated by Gothic arches on rectangular pillars and a wooden coffered ceiling with the presbytery covered by a vault.

The Church of San Nicolás de Bari was one of the parishes founded after the reconquest by Ferdinand III of Castile in 1248. It was originally Gothic-Mudejar and in the 18th century it would be rebuilt as a baroque building.