The Barefoot Carmelite Convent of the Conception was founded in 1577 by Francisco Álvarez de Bohórquez and his wife, Catalina de Coria. The convent was opened in 1580.
The Monastery of San Isidoro del Campo was founded in the year 1301 by Alonso Pérez de Guzmán and María Alonso Coronel at a site near the ruins of Italica where, according to tradition, San Isidoro of Seville was buried, and since then it has been under the administration of successive religious orders, Cistercians, Hieronymite hermits and the Order of San Jerónimo, who have left their mark bot
The chapel is a building of Mudejar origin. Built in the 15th century, it is Mudejar in style and has a single nave. Its interior is a beautiful example of popular Mudejar architecture with a characteristic wooden roof with an image of San Diego, built by Castillo Lastrucci in the 20th century. The end façade is from the first quarter of the 16th century.
The medieval tower of Villadiego, from the end of the 13th century, is considered the origin of this Shrine. This Mudejar-style building has an octagonal plan and is crowned with battlements. It has two floors covered with vaults, the lower a half-dome and the upper one a sail vault.
The casino was built in 1911. The parts of the building of greatest architectural interest include the Mudejar-style balcony, the walls on both sides of the balcony (with Mudejar-style sash windows) and a scalloped groin arch in the meeting room.
The St John Baptist Church must have been founded after the Christians conquered Marchena. It is likely linked to the presence of the Order of St John, first documented in the 13th century. Only the chapel under the tower remains from that original Church.
This Mudejar-style Parish Church was renovated in the late 18th century and the mid-20th century. It is located in the centre of the town, very close to the castle.
The Church owes its name to the town’s patron saint, Saint Martha.