The San Fernando y Santa Elisa Nursing Home was started in 1929 following the design of the architect Vicente Traver Tomás, responsible for such important buildings as the Lope de Vega Theatre and the Columnata in the Maria Luisa Park in Seville. It was commissioned as a charity project by its founders, Elisa Basagoiti López and Fernando Ruiz Ramos, and was completed in 1931, being an isolated urban complex surrounded by gardens.
The main entrance is closed by an elegant circular fence, giving access to the garden through three artistic gates. The building is entered via a stone staircase that leads to a glazed gallery supported by Tuscan columns of pink and black marble.
The focal point of the building is the chapel, replete with artistic polychrome stained-glass windows and superb frescoes, copies of those by Murillo in the Hospital de la Caridad in Seville, painted by the artist Rafael Blas Rodríguez. It also has a main altar with a carved and polished pink marble front designed by Francisco Ruiz.
The tabernacle in sterling silver with magnificent reliefs was made in Seville. It is an extraordinary creation of the famous goldsmith Fernando Marmolejo Camargo.
The nave is roofed with a half-barrel vault and the sanctuary has a hemispherical dome with a lantern. On both sides of the chapels there are two symmetrical naves that house the rooms of the home, which are tiled with Talavera ceramics.