The St John Baptist Church must have been founded after the Christians conquered Marchena. It is likely linked to the presence of the Order of St John, first documented in the 13th century. Only the chapel under the tower remains from that original Church.
The former Mudejar parish church was destroyed by the 1755 Lisbon earthquake. Only the baroque Tabernacle and tower remain. In 1776, the current neoclassical Church was built in its place, under the directions of the architect Lucas Cintora.
The Nuestra Señora de las Nieves Parish Church is a noteworthy temple that began to be built in the early 14th century. A façade-tower and a magnificent Gothic main altarpiece from around 1500 was added in the third quarter of the 16th century.
The Priory Church of Santa María de la Asunción in Carmona amazes with its magnificent Gothic architecture. Since the 16th century, it has been amassing a treasure-trove of artistic heritage in its museum, which opens onto the Patio de los Naranjos, the remains of the ancient Muslim mosque.