It is located on Avenida de María Luisa. It was built in 1929. On the occasion of the Ibero-American Exhibition in Seville (1929), it was decided to build what was to be known as the Seville Pavilion, which was made up of two elements that were simultaneously connected: The Casino and the Exhibition Theatre.
The clearly regionalist-style Coliseum is one of the best buildings in this trend and is part of the set of urban operations that were carried out in Seville from 1911 onwards on the occasion of the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition.
Located on Avenida de La Raza, it has a permanent exhibition of 1600 square metres, divided into two buildings, which are a legacy of the 1929 Ibero-American exhibition, being refurbished for this purpose. It has several rooms with contents referring to the port of Seville and the maritime signals.
The Plaza de España, of about 50,000 square metres, is located at the north-east end of the Maria Luisa Park. It was built by the architect Aníbal González between 1914 and 1929 on the occasion of the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition. Today it is one of the most emblematic places in Seville and one of the greatest exponents of regionalist architecture.
The Plaza América is in the María Luisa Park and was designed and directed by the architect Aníbal González y Álvarez-Osorio (1876-1929). It was opened in 1916 and is surrounded by an oval road for traffic and by the Palace of Ancient Art (now the Museum of Popular Arts and Customs), the Royal Pavilion and the Palace of Fine Arts (now the Archaeological Museum).
The Maria Luisa Park is formed in part by the gardens of the San Telmo Palace, donated in 1893 to the town of Seville by the Infanta Maria Luisa (Duchess of Montpensier) which were incorporated into the urban heritage in 1911. In 1893 the Queen's Sewing Box and a metal structure greenhouse were built.
The Ibero-American Exhibition took place in the Spanish city of Seville. It opened on 9 May 1929 and closed on 21 June 1930. It was held to showcase the twinning between Spain, Latin America, the United States, Portugal and Brazil.
The exhibition coincided with the 1929 Barcelona International Exhibition. Both were considered the General Spanish Exhibition