The clearly regionalist-style Coliseum is one of the best buildings in this trend and is part of the set of urban operations that were carried out in Seville from 1911 onwards on the occasion of the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition. The building, with its generous size, developed its functional programme on four floors, one of which being the basement, with its main accesses through the two main façades, under two large balconies that open onto them.
The building was substantially adapted for a bank between 1975 and 1979. For this purpose, the interior was completely emptied and only the façades remained, being preserved in their original state.
They were listed as a Cultural Heritage Site in 1971.