This Tower was built by Juan de Guzmán y Torres, the first lord of La Algaba, as a defensive and residential structure, in the style of the fortresses built at that time. It was likely finished in 1446. The date on the marble slab with the coat of arms of the Guzmanes at the entrance appears to confirm this.
The Tower is an example of a stately free-standing building with a rectangular floor plan, built in the Mudejar style.
Additional dwellings have been attached along almost the entire perimeter over time. It has four floors and a crenellated roof. Its austere façade is decorated with mullioned windows with lobed arches and a stone balustrade with two, carved rose windows, a window with a horseshoe arch framed by an alfiz, the coat of arms of the House of Guzman and, under it, a tombstone written in Gothic letters, including the year of construction.
The Tower was completed just six years after he came into the Lordship. It is accessed via the south façade at current street level, through a semi-circular arch closed by a locked gate. On the north side, there is a rainwater downpipe in the top floor, as it forms a small, porticoed inner courtyard surrounded by several rooms. The wall, finished with hooded merlons, has a row of embrasures that drain downwards.
The Tower is surrounded by an urban manor, except for alley leading to the entrance door, forming a block of houses.
The Tower underwent several renovations during the 19th and 20th centuries and has been used for various purposes, including storehouse, prison, and currently an assembly and exhibition hall. It was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in 1985.