Chaparro de la Vega

Seville, beautiful and diverse

Cantillana, in the heart of the Vega del Guadalquivir

Cantillana is a town with deep-rooted traditions that will captivate you from the start. This town in the Vega del Guadalquivir is known for its enthusiasm for bullfighting, its much-loved local festivals and its long-standing tradition of handcrafting fringes for Manila shawls.

Burguillos, the gateway to the Sierra Morena

The beautiful town of Burguillos sits on the foothills of Sierra Morena, in the Vega del Guadalquivir. It is a town of Visigoth origin with a deep-rooted agricultural tradition. Given its proximity to the city of Seville, it has become a dormitory town in recent years. 

Aznalcázar, in the heart of Doñana

If there is one town that still preserves the name coined by the Arabs, it is Aznalcázar. Its name was ‘Hazn-al-cazar,’ the high fortress, first founded by the Romans as a defensive bastion between the Guadalquivir marshlands and the Sevillian Aljarafe.

Gelves, an orchard on the banks of the Guadalquivir River

The Sevillian town of Gelves stands on the banks of the Big River of Andalusia. A privileged spot with age-old springs, which led the Romans to call it Vergentum (orchard). Located just a few kilometres from Seville and surrounded by nature, it is an ideal town to enjoy an unforgettable getaway. 

Villamanrique de la Condesa, gateway to Doñana and prelude to El Rocío

Villamanrique de la Condesa, a Sevillian town imbued with the spirit of El Rocío, is located right next to Doñana Natural Park. Legend has it that a local hunter found the icon of Our Lady of El Rocío inside a tree.

Las Cabezas de San Juan, the first constitutional town in Spain

Las Cabezas de San Juan, a town in Seville’s Bajo Guadalquivir, marked a turning point in the history of Spain. It was here that the Constitution sworn in Cádiz in 1812, popularly known as ‘La Pepa’, was officially proclaimed in 1820.

Alcolea del Río, the small fortress

In the Vega del Guadalquivir region, the small town of Alcolea del Río sits on the banks of the Guadalquivir. Named 'Al-qulaya' or 'the small fortress' by the Arabs, it still preserves the old flour mills that symbolise the town.