Cascadas del Hueznar

Seville enchants

The Chapel of the Vera Cruz or True Cross is a baroque architectural masterpiece from the second half of the 18th century. It is characterised by exuberant details, particularly in the chapel’s historic fine-brick façade. Built on the remains of the original 16th-century Shrine, it is now dedicated to the Christ of the Santa Vera Cruz or Holy True Cross.

Our Lady of the Rosary Convent in Arahal, popularly known as the Las Monjas Convent (the nuns), was a cloistered convent that belonged to the Reverend Mothers of the Dominican Order until June 2014. Since then, it is occupied by the Order of the Franciscan Brothers of the White Cross.

The Chapel of the Cruz de Arriba is located in the Plazoleta de la Cruz de Arriba. It is the seat of the Confraternity of the Santa Cruz de Arriba and María Santísima del Rosario, a 17th-century image.

The Convent, located on the Cerro de San Cristóbal, was founded by the second Marquis of Estepa, Juan Bautista Centurión, just four years after the foundation of the Santa Clara Convent.

Utrera’s Chapel of Our Lady of Carmen belongs to the Salesian School, the oldest of the congregation in Spain (1881).

The Church was built in 1755 over a 14th-century temple that was destroyed by the so-called Lisbon earthquake. The reconstruction was paid for by the Archbishop of Seville. The temple owes its current appearance to renovations undertaken in the early 19th century.

The church was built taking advantage of most of the mosque that existed before the conquest of Guadalcanal by the Order of Santiago. It can be considered the oldest in Guadalcanal, as it was blessed as a Christian church by the bishop of Coria, Jaime Sanguineto, who came in the company of the Great Master Rodrigo de Iñiguez, in April 1241.