Doñana stretches across a vast plain between Seville and the Atlantic Ocean. Sun, air, water and mud are the protagonists for hundreds of kilometres around this enormous and uninhabited geological basin, the history of an Andalusia eroded, transported and sedimented here over millions of years.
The Guadalquivir offers a path of culture and nature through our territory. It crosses the province of Seville from one side to the other, tracing its backbone.
Located on Avenida de La Raza, it has a permanent exhibition of 1600 square metres, divided into two buildings, which are a legacy of the 1929 Ibero-American exhibition, being refurbished for this purpose. It has several rooms with contents referring to the port of Seville and the maritime signals.
The Tower of Gold is a 13th century defensive tower from which a thick chain extended to the other side of the river to cut off enemy ships.
The Santísimo Cristo de la Expiración Bridge is an urban bridge in Seville that crosses the River Guadalquivir and is the natural exit from the town to the Aljarafe and the province of Huelva. It was built in 1991.
It is one of the main accesses to the northern area of Isla de la Cartuja, and is close to the Science and Technology Park and the Isla Mágica theme park.
The engineers in charge of its design were Marcos Jesús Pantaleón and Juan José Arenas, also on the occasion of Expo'92.
The Palace of San Telmo was built in 1682 to house the Seminary College of the University of Mareantes. In 1849 it became the residence of the Dukes of Montpensier, who completed the north tower and built the entrance to the hallway, the east wing and the ballroom.