The stained glass windows of the Cathedral of Seville constitute one of the most extensive, homogeneous and best preserved groups of Spanish cathedrals. The one hundred and thirty-eight stained glass windows preserved also represent a magnificent chapter in the history of this technique in the Iberian Peninsula, from the 15th to the 20th century.
The construction of the building took place in three different periods. The first was between the 14th and 15th centuries, when a Mudejar church was built with three naves, a polygonal apse and a façade-tower. The second stage began in 1538, when part of the previous work was demolished and the construction of a new Renaissance-type temple began, but this was never completed.
Named by experts as "the little cathedral of the Sierra Sur" and declared an Asset of Cultural Interest, this is a remarkable building erected between 1506 and 1730 over the ruins of a medieval church. It has three limestone naves with high vaults supported by columns.