The Cathedral of Seville is the largest Gothic temple in the world and the third largest in Christendom after St. Peter's in the Vatican and St. Paul's in London. Building works began in 1403 on the former Great Mosque of Seville, an Almohad work of which the Patio de los Naranjos and the Giralda have been preserved.
This 13th-century watchtower was built in times of the Reconquest during the late medieval period. From here, one can see the typical landscape of pastures and scrubland that surround the town, as well as the River Guadiamar, its banks and part of the vast municipal district. The town and the watchtower are likely of Arab origin.
The Troya Tower is located atop a hill east of El Palmar de Troya. It has unobstructed views of Palmar de Troya to the west; Salado Stream and the hill on which Ventosilla Tower is situated to the north, and the Águila Tower to the east.