It belongs to the group of Gothic-Mudejar churches in Seville. It is a church with a rectangular floor plan, divided into three naves with four sections. The chevet is polygonal with a straight section and is separated from the body of the church by a triumphal arch, also in the Gothic or ogival style. Externally, the main doorway at the foot of the temple is of great interest, made of stone with pointed archivolts.
As artistic elements, an Immaculate sculpted by Alonso Cano between 1633 and 1634 stands out in an altarpiece on the left side. Images of the Christ of the Good Death (1938) and Maria Santisima della Hiniesta (1937), which replaced those burned in 1932 by rioters, made by Antonio Castillo Lastrucci can be found on the right side of the temple. There is also the mausoleum of the image-maker Castillo Lastrucci, presided over by a group of sculptures of the Pieta made by the artist himself.
This church is the canonical home of the Brotherhood of La Hiniesta, which holds its religious route every Palm Sunday as part of the Holy Week celebrations in Seville. The Virgen de la Hiniesta is the patron saint of Seville Town Hall.