In Seville, on the Mármoles street (San Bartolomé district), there are 3 Egyptian granite columns almost 9 m high, set on local marble bases and at their original level, 4.5 m deep above street level. They were made in the time of the Emperor Hadrian and possibly formed part of some Roman temple.
Three other columns were found on the site, one was broken when it was moved and two were moved to the Alameda de Hércules. In 1574 they were extracted from that place and placed in the Alameda, a promenade designed by Count Barajas. Two sculptures, Hercules and Julius Caesar, who were the founder and the promoter of the town, respectively, were erected on them.