The Alamillo Park is located in the northern part of the Isla de la Cartuja, on the outskirts of Seville, after crossing the River Guadalquivir over the Alamillo Bridge. This large green lung allows you to carry out and enjoy several sports and outdoor leisure activities in contact with nature. It is a very popular and busy area for Sevillians to spend a pleasant time with their families, walk, rest or play with the children away from traffic.
The Alamillo Park covers 120 hectares, which were recovered for the town on the occasion of the celebration of Expo '92. It was opened in 1993 and includes the following spaces:
- The Cortijo del Alamillo is the nerve centre of the park. Inside, the Cortijo has a large assembly hall for more than 150 people, which can be used by groups that request it and meet the established requirements. The building also has several work and exhibition rooms, and is the workplace of the park's technical and management team, which provides care and information to all those who request it. All these rooms are located around a large patio, which can be used as a stage for different types of activities, such as theatre, cinema, workshops, music... Every year, the patio is the venue for the main events held by the park itself, such as the Veranillos del Alamillo (Indian Summer at the Alamillo), the Day of Andalusia, etc.
- Children's playgrounds and restaurant area.
- Recreation area of an archaeological site, where an experimental archaeology workshop takes place (with the collaboration of the Legados association).
- There is a pier on the river and the possibility of canoeing or kayaking, among other water sports.
- Area of agro-ecological orchards, in the area of orange groves, with more than 200 plots in operation as urban orchards by groups and individuals.
- Dog training area. This is a large expansion area where dog fairs and exhibitions are held and hundreds of dogs use it to run and play every day.
In addition, there are stands for renting equipment, such as bicycles, skates, birthday celebration and bird ringing items, nursery elements, botanical items in a greenhouse... and even a small train ride.
Its plan of activities includes the "Veranillos del Alamillo": cinema, magic, children's workshops and lots of music in different styles make up a complete programme.