It has been governed by the Capuchin Franciscans since its inauguration in 1724. Its church is baroque. The interior, which forms a Latin cross plan, is very richly decorated, characteristic of the Baroque period of the second half of the 18th century, with great sumptuousness and a profusion of decorative pieces, which contrasts with the austerity of the nuns. Most of the altarpieces and images were made by Cayetano de Acosta.
It has an hostelry and prayer hall where it is possible to stay at affordable prices.