Its origin is in the premises of the grain warehouses built by the inhabitants after the establishment of the communal granary in 1750. These warehouses occupied the site where the Civil Protection headquarters are currently located, next to the present town hall.
In 1835 the town hall was built in its current location, occupying part of the old granary premises, and emerging from among the façades that surround the current Plaza de la Constitución. Its façade is in the traditional style of popular Andalusian architecture. In the 1980s the building was completely renovated, attempting to maintain the original aesthetics, and in 1990 it had a public clock installed on the roof, embellished with a weather vane, and two tiles on the sides with the insignia of the town and the coat of arms of Andalusia.
The interior is equipped for the administrative and governing functions typical of a Town Hall. It also contains a replica of the pieces of the Lex Irnitana found in El Saucejo in 1981.