Camona Vistas Parador

Seville enchants

RAMON Y CAJAL BUILDING
This Group School was built in 1927 by the architect Aurelio Gómez Millán. It has a symmetrical structure, with a central building with semi-circular arches on both floors. It also has large windows framed by rectangles and divided by a triple arcade supported by pilasters. 
The pinnacles topped by ceramic vases complete the upper section. 

The centre of the Osa Valley, next to the River Villa, which is hidden from the view of passers-by, is of more recent construction, from the 15th to the 18th century. This area is made up of wider streets, adapted to the flat area, and which reveal the economic power of the landowners, merchants and industrialists of the time.

What we all know as The Big House is a magnificent mid-nineteenth century palace. It was built by the Fernández de Santaella family.

The house is divided into two units. On the one hand, the living area occupies a plot with a façade of 22 metres and a depth of 30 metres, built round the central courtyard measuring 12x12 metres and the backyard measuring 16x11 metres.

La Rinconada’s Town Hall building is in line with the architectural style in vogue for town halls at the time of the Universal Exhibition held in Seville in 1929. 

This is one of the few remaining Regionalist buildings from the 1920s. It was built as a chalet for the bullfighter Antonio Fuentes. Currently, it is the Active Participation Centre for the Elderly. It was designed as a place for encounter and leisure; a centre to encourage active ageing and participation of the local elderly population.

A regionalist building from the late 1920s, it is commonly known in Ecija as “Casa de las Tomasas”. It currently houses the Courthouse. 

The aesthetic and stylistic values of the building are in keeping with Sevillian regionalist architecture that emerged around the 1929 Universal Exhibition in Seville.

Utrera’s Chapel of Our Lady of Carmen belongs to the Salesian School, the oldest of the congregation in Spain (1881).