The Real Alcázar of Seville is a group of palatial buildings located in the city of Seville, the construction of which began in the High Middle Ages, where multiple styles are superimposed, from the Islamic art of its first inhabitants, the Mudejar and Gothic of the period after the conquest of the city by the Castilian troops to the Renaissance and Baroque of later reforms.
The Palace of the Princes of Orleans and Bourbon, located in the centre of Villamanrique de la Condesa, was built in the 16th century over an old mill house.
The Palace was renovated in the 19th century as a traditional Andalusian rural house with decorations with French influences due to the participation of French architects.
The Palace is divided into three large areas:
The Palace of San Telmo was built in 1682 to house the Seminary College of the University of Mareantes. In 1849 it became the residence of the Dukes of Montpensier, who completed the north tower and built the entrance to the hallway, the east wing and the ballroom.
This 18th-century stately, civil building was once the seat of Osuna’s courthouse. As the inscription on the portal shows, it was built in 1738.
The Palace of the Counts of Castellar, which holds the Town Hall, was built between the 15th and 16th centuries. However, it was reduced to rubble in 1977.
The building of Mudejar origin sits on a former convent of the Dominican Order. Many significant elements of the former palace remain unchanged, including its structures and original layout, decoration, porticoed courtyards, square shape, openings framed with alfiz, frequently divided by lattice-covered windows, flat decoration, abundant plasterwork, etc.
What we all know as The Big House is a magnificent mid-nineteenth century palace. It was built by the Fernández de Santaella family.
The house is divided into two units. On the one hand, the living area occupies a plot with a façade of 22 metres and a depth of 30 metres, built round the central courtyard measuring 12x12 metres and the backyard measuring 16x11 metres.