Originally a 15th-century Gothic building, the appearance was significantly altered in the 17th and 18th centuries to become a baroque-neoclassical Church. The central nave is covered with a barrel vault with lunettes, the side naves with a groin vault and the presbytery by a dome on pendentives. The sexpartite vault and the star vaults on the side aisles, as well as the entrance through the atrium, are remains of the original temple, albeit significantly transformed.
The interior of the temple consists of three naves with a transept, and a square main chapel that houses the main altarpiece with large estipetes began to be built in 1721. It contains the sculptures of Franciscan saints, such as St Francis of Assisi and St Anthony of Padua.
Noteworthy altarpieces in the side naves include Our Lady of Hope, a sculpture by the studio of Jerónimo Hernández, and Our Lady of the Angels, a bust from the first third of the eighteenth century, both on the left side.
On the right nave, the altarpiece of St Anthony of Padua with other Franciscan saints stands out, also in baroque style.
The mid-18th-century belfry consists of two sections; the lower one with two semi-circular arches flanked by pilasters and topped by a split pediment from where emerges the second section, a single arch crowned by a triangular pediment. The whole ensemble is decorated with tiles.